Saturday, March 31, 2012

Good Night & Good Luck

I remember reading an article a few years ago where the author asked the reader to name five famous critics/cynics... then to name five influential people. Which was easier? Exactly. Negative people do not make a difference in life... and this last year has been a process of putting this into practice after a particularly horrible experience in a local church the year before.

The point is that this blog is going to be discontinued after years of semi-regular updating. I have done my best to engage in the discussion to change the minds and hearts of Pharisees and institutions but have arrived at the conclusion that Jesus tells us he did in Matthew 22:1-3: the "right" people don't want to come to the marriage feast. In truth I am sorry for them because they worship systems instead of the Savior of the world.

There are two types of people who read this blog: my friends and my enemies.

To my friends: thank you for your support, love, and tolerance of me- I don't deserve you.

To my enemies who read this to dig up dirt on me: I know who you are (it's not too hard to find out where internet traffic comes from), I love you, I forgive you, and I pray one day you finally reach the end of your system and find there the beginning of Jesus.

As a parting gift to all of you I leave you the first major stone on my path towards finally embracing the Gospel of grace: www.lifestream.org/transition.php by Wayne Jacobsen.

Jesus loves you regardless of your age, race, gender, position, income, sexual orientation, or political stances. You cannot make him love you more or love you less no matter how good or bad you behave.

I'm signing off now to go focus on people who want to bring positive change whether it's mental, physical, or financial. Good night and good luck.

1 comment:

Judy said...

thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed reading your posts while they have lasted.